Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Couple Clearance Deals I Found at Walmart

I found a couple good clearance deals at my local Walmart (Mattoon, IL) in the Lawn and Garden department today.  I found herbs on clearance for .25 each, and they really didn't look that bad for walmart at this time of year:
There were still at least a dozen or so each of Thyme, Sage, Dill, and Basil.  These would be great if you want to grow some herbs indoors over the winter, or they might still come back next year if you planted them outside (except for the basil).  Now I just have to keep my goofy cat from eating all the Dill!
My favorite Clearance find was these Jiffy Professional Greenhouses on Clearance for only $0.50!

These were on a lower shelf in the lawn and garden area.  I bought two of these for next year, and there were still a couple boxes full of these.  Of course, they didn't ring up correctly- they rang up at $6.00 each!  Thankfully, I didn't have a problem having the cashier change the price, because they had a paper tag taped to the boxes clearly saying Jiffy Professional Greenhouse: .50.  Earlier this year, I had to buy a small 20 ct. bag of just the jiffy starter disks and I think it cost about $4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment