Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Freezer Cooking

I was first introduced to Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) several months ago and have come to really love it.  Freezer cooking can save you time, energy, money, and help you to eat healthier.  I don't know how many times having a home cooked meal in the freezer, and ready to pop into the oven has saved us from going out for fast food on a busy evening.  

Freezer cooking doesn't just have to be for people in larger families- I believe it would actually work well for single people as well.  So many recipes make a number of servings, and a single person could divide those meals up into single servings and freeze them, which would cut down on food waste.  The awesome FishMama over at Life As Mom is going to be hosting a freezer cooking day this weekend if you feel like you would like to get started!  I am hoping to be able to participate this time.  I will try to keep you posted as to what recipes I am planning to make.  If you are new to freezer cooking, you can check out some of these posts by FishMama:

No comments:

Post a Comment