Friday, October 15, 2010

My Freezer Cooking Plans

This weekend I am hoping to get the following freezer cooking done:

  • Corn Bread mix-x4 I am going to decrease the quantity of sugar called for (I am going to just combine the dry ingredients together in plastic bags)
  • Biscuit mix x 4 (same plan as above) I am going to try a mix between this and this recipe.
  • Pancake mix x 4 (same plan again)
  • Pumpkin Chocolate chip muffins x 2
  • Chicken Burritos x 10
  • Chicken Pot Pie x 3
  • Chicken and Noodles x 2
  • Get all the free yogurt I have been stocking up on put into plastic bags and into the freezer to throw into Smoothies.  I am planning on putting about 1 1/2 yogurt cups into each bag and I think that when they are frozen, I should be able to just turn the bag inside out and the yogurt should come out pretty easily to put into the blender.
  • Taco seasoning x 5
  • Apples sliced up and mixed with apple pie seasonings and placed into plastic bags for easy apple pies.
  • And Possibly make some fresh salsa out of the last meager remains of my garden:

    This post linked to:  Freezer Cooking Plans October - check it out for more inspiration! 

    3 comments:

    1. Great plan! I think the trick with the yogurt will be to make sure the bags don't freezer "wrinkled." Thinking it might make it stick?

      ReplyDelete
    2. I would love to see your chicken and noodles recipe! Never thought of freezing the yogurt!

      ReplyDelete