Thursday, October 7, 2010

October Financial Update

Well, I figured I would go ahead and post this since I just got done paying our monthly bills and sending off our Mortgage payment.  After I paid all our bills, I decided to send an extra $1,000 towards the principle on our home loan.

*We have very low monthly bills- we do not pay for cable, we have no car payments, and we do not pay for any child care right now since I am home with my son.  We also only have one phone with a very basic package.  We did not have $1,000 left over after our bills from just one month, I have not paid very much extra on our mortgage for about the last 3-4 months, so it has been accumulating for several months.

We hope to have our mortgage paid off in 2 years.  Last month we had paid off 56.7%.  After I paid our mortgage with the extra principle payment, we are at 59.9% paid off. 

*Please note that we live in a low cost of living area.  Our mortgage was not as high as many individual's to start out with.  We have been paying on our house for 6 years this Thanksgiving. 

If you are a blogger and have a post about your personal financial goals/ progress, feel free to leave a link in the comment area to that post on your blog.  Even if you do not have a blog, feel free to share in the comments area!

No comments:

Post a Comment